Monday, August 13, 2007

More Blogger suckiness:

  • Sometimes I comment on a blog and all I get is a blank screen. I have to push Reload a few times (and push that I do want to resubmit data) before it actually gets sent. And yes, it's only posted once.

  • Sometimes I comment only after realizing that I'm not logged in. So, I enter my user name and password and when the page loads, my comment is gone... into oblivion. I guess I just need to remember to make sure I'm logged in before I start writing. Anyway, this is a lesson for the kids.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nuthriz said...

This one's in English, so I think I'll stick to it for the purposes of this... comment?
For not exactly a comment it is going to be. Rather a question.
Just a minute ago I've read your comment at the "Pendis - planedo virtuala" blog - and a couple of words about using esperanto characters on linux (speaking especially about Ubuntu). So I have this little problem... (I don't know whether you'll be able to elp me with it or not, but I guess I simply have to give-it-a-try).
I do use Ubuntu (more precisely xUbuntu, the one using "Xfce" or sth-like-that) and I also strongly interest myself in Esperanto (uzado, disvastigo, ktp.), and thus I would be glad to be able use those "gx", "cx" and other characters of it during my typing.
Alas - I cannot choose the esperanto language for the system, due to me being Polish, and thus needing even more urgently my national, polish characters (while choosing the "esperanto" language in the language section deprives me of the "alt+" combos commonly used for the typing of those "special" letters).
So... here is my question. Do you know of a way of not having one's system's language set to Esperanto and still somehow (preferably in some acceptably comfortable and handy way) be able to use the esperanto characters for common typing?
I'd be really glad to receive some answer - or some kind of a hint "where-to-ask for such thing".
Saluton!

(optionally my e-mail address: jordef (at) gmail.com)

1:56 PM  
Blogger zooplah said...

I responded to him by email, BTW. The issue has been resolved.

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home